
I have been looking forward to Rock and Roll
Las Vegas ever
since I had signed up in the spring. Just the idea of running the whole strip, having rock bands every other mile, and cheer squads all over, sounded like a great course and event. Well leading up to the race. A week prior, I was down and out with a nasty head cold. I was extremely worried that I
wouldn't be running. During that time, I wasn't able to get even a single training run in. I haven't ran since the Mesquite Half Marathon two weeks ago. But this is Rock and Roll
Las Vegas, A must do race, and I
wasn't gonna let anything slow me down from running..... Oh and I am so GLAD that I didn't. Holy Cow, What a blast.... Disneyland Half Marathon is by far my all time favorite race to date, but Rock and Roll
Las Vegas is a Close Second.... Absolutely LOVED IT!!!!

In my starting Corral. I was assigned Corral 23. Yup that meant we waited for 22 other corrals to go before we hit the start line. It was approximately 35
mins or so. Thank goodness I
wasn't further behind, because there was like 20 more behind me. When I ran
Disneyland, I ran with 14,000 runners. Rock and roll
Las Vegas had 30,000 runners. 12,000 full marathoners and 18,000 Half Marathoners. There was tons of people, but I never felt crammed due to the wave
starts..... It was nice to find my groove and ride it without bumping into everybody. A
definite Plus in my book.
Booyah, The start line.
Rock band and all on the top of the start. It was AWESOME.

They closed down the WHOLE
Las Vegas Strip for 4 hours. Yes we OWNED the strip both side. I loved it. Coming upon Tropicana and MGM Grand

Planet Hollywood and Paris. They had their aid stations spaced out very nice. A total of 8. My kind of race :)

Looking over at Mirage. Yes we got the complete show while we ran.

ELVIS was Sighted by the
hundreds in
las vegas. Had to catch a pic as we left the new strip and headed into old downtown
las vegas.

Entering Fremont street. We
didn't get to run under the
Fremont lights, but still was
alot of fun downtown. It really started to get warm. We started the race out at 39 degrees, it was almost 60 by this point.

One of the many rock band throughout the course. It was totally fun to listen to them JAM

Yea, we finally made the turn back onto
Las Vegas Blvd and heading back up the strip.
Stratospehere in the distance.

Are we
Rockin it? YUP so far I'm holding my own. This is how I rocked the strip.

Back to Mid Strip. Almost there. Here is where I ran out of gas. I was wondering when my sickness would catch up to me and it did at mile 11. But I wouldn't let it get me down. I kept pushing on.
AHHHH, Almost back to Mandalay Bay... I can almost see the finish, but Yet It Seemed So Far away, funny huh?

One last band before we finished. This guys rocked the drums. Holy Cow, I could have stayed just to watch them perform.

My most favorite pic of the day. Only 0.1 miles left
Booyah
Following being processed through the finish line with medals, pics, and food, it was then time for the FREE rock concert with Brett
Michaels from
Poision as the headliner. Let me just say, It was AWESOME....... We loved it. That guy can rock. What a sweet way to finish a run.
Another shot of Brett
Michaels
The Medal rocked. It was way Thick and Heavy. I love it... Overall I was very happy with the experience. I still had a
naggin run on my plantar
fasciitis, but as the good doc said, just keep running and that it is going to be a long recovery process. I was warned that I will see some slower times but to keep it going nice and easy..... which I did. I was very happy with my 3:03 posting. I wanted a Sub 3 so bad, but will settle with the finish. That
truly is my ultimate goal. Rock and Roll
Las Vegas Half Marathon make for my 5
Th half marathon this year. I have one more half marathon scheduled in two weeks. It will be my last
official run of the year making the Hostess Half Marathon my 6
Th half marathon for the year. I am coming to accept the fact that I am going to be slower but I will never let myself down. What a Journey I am on. I love it. I can Now say that I have Rocked the Rock in
Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon.
Booyah!!!!!
Looks like a rockin' good time!
ReplyDeleteAnother great race report and pictures! You are all over the sub-3.
ReplyDelete