My Journey One Step at a Time.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hurricane half/5K

Just as I crossed the Finish line for the Hurricane Half/5K... This turned out to be a pretty sweet running race for me. I had a good grove with only two 15 sec walking periods. I was able to run almost the whole course. I FELT GOOD!!!! Thanks goodness that it was only COLD and not windy. Gotta love waking up at 5 in the morning to run a race. It was 39 degrees to start the race. Burr cold, but I'm betting not as cold as it is gonna be next week at the Provo half following snow this upcoming week. Now, I am not sure who marched out the race course, but Somebody wanted it to go long. My GPS watch had us at 3.35 miles, where a normal 5K is 3.1 miles. That is a whole quarter mile longer. Almost everyone at the finish line said the same thing... Who knows, Oh well right, It's Hurricane....Need I say more. :). The distance didn't bother me, but my time did. Last week, I didn't have my best run but got my best PR at 38:37. With a longer course, I clocked in at 40:50. I am running about a 12 min mile, so I am putting my time around the 36 or 37 min mark, which would be my best time YET.... But officially with a course running 3.35 miles, I have a time of 40:50. Not bad in my book. I will take it with a smile. CONGRATS to all my friends who ran the Half Marathon..... You Guys Rock....
Looking forward to Provo half and 5K next weekend. Can't wait to see all my friends. Good Times

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Yea, the course was screwy.

    Good luck at Provo next week - you are a racing maniac!

    ReplyDelete