The night before we knew that there was going to be a freeze warning. the race temp was to be around 33 degrees. When we woke up to get ready, I knew that being cold wasn't in my ST George Blood. I got to the start of the race to see my good friends off, and of course it started to rain. As we started our race, we ran into not only rain, but Snow and heavy Hail.... It was so Cold but also a blast. I made me push harder. I will have to say for the record that it was probable one of my worst runs, but when I crossed the finish line, I had recorded an official chip time of 38:36.9, A new PR by 1/100. SWEET, I will take it knowing once again that I still have tons to prove to myself. I know that I am only competing with myself, but I want to keep pushing myself to only get better and of course in shape. I have just had the time of my life running these races. I totally appreciate all the support from my Family and friends. Thank You, It means the world to me!!!!!
SO I know that I need to get recommitted to a new training program, so I have now created a 9 month training program to help me accomplish my goals and get me through all of my upcoming Races. OK I am going to Announce that I plan to run 3 Half marathons by the end of Jan 2011. In September, the Disneyland half, in November, the Snow Canyon Half and in January 2011, the St George Half (painters). This is really gonna put me to a challenge. I have several other 5K and 10K races mixed in there to keep me going. Sure hope all goes well. Well Time to go knock out my first run on this training schedule. Gotta love it. Time to enjoy the open road....:)
WAY TO GO!! So Jimmie (charge nurse on west one) and I are tapping into your motivation for running and decided we are gonna start training for a 5k...:)
ReplyDeleteThat is just SO AWESOME... If you guys ever have any questions or just wanna go for a run and/or race, let me know Im in
ReplyDelete