My Journey One Step at a Time.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ogden Marathon 5K

The 5k starting line took place at the mouth of Ogden canyon at the Tibermine Steakhouse. It was a little chilly to start the morning off with the canyon winds.

This is the River Trailways. HOLY COW.... Let me tell you, This was such an awesome course. Running along side the river, through lush trees, and a gradual downhill, Not bad in my book.

Coming off the River course coming into the more Urban area of Ogden.

The Ogden river.... DID I tell ya this was a SWEET run....

AND now my Favorite part....... THE FINISH LINE.... Gotta love this. I crossed at 37:25 a whole minute and a half better than my old Personal record. This Race Rocked on many different Levels. The Expo and packet pick-up at the Union Station was AWESOME, not to mention the opportunity I had to meet Bart Yasso, Only the chief Editor for Running world. HE is just amazing. He is training for an ultra marathon by running a marathon every weekend. Now that is not just a weekend warrior.... The Expo was way awesome, The shirts Rocked. The race was way organized, and I have never seen a more positive and energetic bunch of race Volunteers. They were simple amazing with all their words of encouragement, Cow bells, and refreshments. WAY to go Ogden, It is now a MUST DO RUN NEXT YEAR..... but This time I'm running the Half Marathon. Overall, Very impressed and loved every minute of this experience. I am glad that I am seeing some progress in my running. Now I hope that as I make a change out of my 5K runs and into a couple of 10K that I will also continue to love and enjoy the opportunity to push myself and overcome the challenges that come my way. Bring on the Memorial.....

No comments:

Post a Comment