What a totally insane week it has been for me. After coming off the high of the Ogden Marathon weekend, I really struggled to find any time to run at all. I was able to run 3 miles on Monday and then Nothing the rest of the week.... Today I had to get my long run in preparation for the Memorial 10K next weekend. I am SO excited to get back on my 10K training schedule and push the extra miles. SO today, I came home early from Fathers and Sons so that I could get my run in before it heats up. I started out today with a set distance of 5 miles. I pick a very challenging course that had an elevation change of 350 ft which had many rolling hills. As I started to run, I just FELT AWESOME.... Instead of running 5 miles, I knocked out 7 miles in 1:28:00. Well you have gotta love the runners high. It feels so good. I feel awesome. If it wasn't for the heat I felt that I could have easily knocked out several more miles. Well good times. I am looking forward to running the Memorial 10K. Bring on the fun..... :)
My Journey One Step at a Time.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Good DAY
What a totally insane week it has been for me. After coming off the high of the Ogden Marathon weekend, I really struggled to find any time to run at all. I was able to run 3 miles on Monday and then Nothing the rest of the week.... Today I had to get my long run in preparation for the Memorial 10K next weekend. I am SO excited to get back on my 10K training schedule and push the extra miles. SO today, I came home early from Fathers and Sons so that I could get my run in before it heats up. I started out today with a set distance of 5 miles. I pick a very challenging course that had an elevation change of 350 ft which had many rolling hills. As I started to run, I just FELT AWESOME.... Instead of running 5 miles, I knocked out 7 miles in 1:28:00. Well you have gotta love the runners high. It feels so good. I feel awesome. If it wasn't for the heat I felt that I could have easily knocked out several more miles. Well good times. I am looking forward to running the Memorial 10K. Bring on the fun..... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment