If pictures are worth a thousand words, I sure wonder what I looked like as I finished my last Long run this morning. This is HOW I FELT...... Beat, but not Beaten.... The last two miles of my 12 mile run, seemed like an Eternity.... Will power and pure determination to finish the run was the only thing that kept me going. My feet ached so bad that I wasn't sure that I was actually gonna make it back to my car... I was sure praying that I wouldn't have to crawl back, Now talk about a picture......LOL :) I decided this run to remove my super green orthodics..... ummm Big mistake. They are going right back in for my next run. Wont make that mistake twice. Overall. It was a really sweet day to go out for a run. I saw many runners and cyclers out and about that you never felt alone. I picked a slightly harder course than the last one, in large parts, that there is a hill in my half marathon that I haven't trained for. SO off to Washington Fields I went. I just cant believe how far I have come. This sat will be my Taper run in preparations for my first ever Half Marathon. I am so excited and Nervous all at the same time... Today I kept repeating in my mind.... NO GUTS, NO GLORY....... Bring it On!!!!! :)
My Journey One Step at a Time.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Running to the End
If pictures are worth a thousand words, I sure wonder what I looked like as I finished my last Long run this morning. This is HOW I FELT...... Beat, but not Beaten.... The last two miles of my 12 mile run, seemed like an Eternity.... Will power and pure determination to finish the run was the only thing that kept me going. My feet ached so bad that I wasn't sure that I was actually gonna make it back to my car... I was sure praying that I wouldn't have to crawl back, Now talk about a picture......LOL :) I decided this run to remove my super green orthodics..... ummm Big mistake. They are going right back in for my next run. Wont make that mistake twice. Overall. It was a really sweet day to go out for a run. I saw many runners and cyclers out and about that you never felt alone. I picked a slightly harder course than the last one, in large parts, that there is a hill in my half marathon that I haven't trained for. SO off to Washington Fields I went. I just cant believe how far I have come. This sat will be my Taper run in preparations for my first ever Half Marathon. I am so excited and Nervous all at the same time... Today I kept repeating in my mind.... NO GUTS, NO GLORY....... Bring it On!!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment