My Journey One Step at a Time.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There is nothing quite like the feeling of waking up at 4am, in order to get your long run in while it is still cool (80 degrees) outside. I have actually found the experience to be very refreshing. I love the solitude and how peaceful things feel in the middle of the night. No one is awake, it is just you and the open road. Yesterday, being my only day off this week, I headed out on a new route that I have only driven to run. I parked my car at Summit AC, and started out on my journey, if completed, would be the longest run of my entire life. I ran from the summit, turn towards Washington Fields and then out on old Washington Fields road towards Warner Valley. It was a fairly nice out and back, but in the end, I gps myself to be 12.01 miles. I did this is 2 hours 41 min. Not bad in my book. 13.1 miles is just around the corner. I am starting to get way excited to think and see the progression I am making. Now I realize that I am way slow, but my goal for now is to finish the race. I will work on gaining speed as time goes on. Looking back on 8 months of running, I have gone from the couch to running 12 miles. Not bad. I am so excited for Disney... Gonna be a blast. SO my next long run will be on Monday again and not Sat due to my work schedule, followed my my taper run on that following sat of 5 miles.... Then it will be time to lace up the shoes for the happiest race on the Earth.... Gotta love it....

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your stories and seeing your incredible progress. It is amazing!

    And.....Britt Nicole - Matthew West - Brandon Heath on your play list? I suddely like you EVEN more!

    ReplyDelete