Overall, I was pretty happy with my results. I wanted to run this race with mike, who used to run like crazy. He hasn't been running much as a late but I talked him into running with me. I haven't been running so well myself while I was caring for and taking care of my Daughter 2nd degree burn to her hand. I was only able to run Bryce 5k and once before this race :( But overall I was supper excited to post one of my better 10k times at 1:18:53. It was quite the rolling course for the first 3 miles and then a gradual down hill for the last three. The first three miles, Mike and I continually had to keep encouraging one another to keep it going.... The last three went well. I love a gradual down hill course. I feel that I could have shaved a couple more minutes off my time, but considering all that has taken place in the month of July, I was STOCKED with my time. This is my last race before I really take the plunge off the of the deep end to run my first ever Half Marathon. 13.1 miles, man it sure is gonna be a challenge but also a thrill.....
My Journey One Step at a Time.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Speedy Spaniard 10K
Overall, I was pretty happy with my results. I wanted to run this race with mike, who used to run like crazy. He hasn't been running much as a late but I talked him into running with me. I haven't been running so well myself while I was caring for and taking care of my Daughter 2nd degree burn to her hand. I was only able to run Bryce 5k and once before this race :( But overall I was supper excited to post one of my better 10k times at 1:18:53. It was quite the rolling course for the first 3 miles and then a gradual down hill for the last three. The first three miles, Mike and I continually had to keep encouraging one another to keep it going.... The last three went well. I love a gradual down hill course. I feel that I could have shaved a couple more minutes off my time, but considering all that has taken place in the month of July, I was STOCKED with my time. This is my last race before I really take the plunge off the of the deep end to run my first ever Half Marathon. 13.1 miles, man it sure is gonna be a challenge but also a thrill.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment