My Journey One Step at a Time.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Training, oh the Joys!!!!

It has been a busy work week this week, and I haven't got around to posting yet. Last SAT, while up in Spanish Fork, I went for a sweet run around Salem. I ran next to the canal, into woodland hills and through the river bottoms for a Astounding 10.1 miles in 2 hours 15 min. I was so surprised and shocked that I was NOT only alive and living when I finished, but that I also felt great, and a little sore.... It made me look at 13.1 as something I know that I can achieve. This week, my goal is to run 11 or 12 miles. Due to changes in my Life Flight schedule, I have to postpone my long run until Monday. I have planed a sweet 14 mile run, but plan to run between 6 and 6.5 miles out and back on Monday. Hopefully I can pull it off. Disneyland Half marathon is right around the corner. I have had several smaller runs this week, but am really looking forward to knocking out the Longest run of my Entire life. I love this picture. No matter what comes our way, If we are willing to stand tall, and believe in all that we have given, No storm or trial can take us down unless we allow it ourselves. Always believe you can be successful in whatever you put your mind to... Its working for me.... :)

"When people ask why I run, I tell them, there's not really a reason, it's just the adrenalin when you start, and the feeling when you cross that finish line, and know that you are a winner no matter what place you got."
~ Courtney Parsons

No comments:

Post a Comment