My Journey One Step at a Time.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From Couch Potato to running a 5K.

Well I decided two weeks ago that I wanted to get myself back in shape. Motivation is so hard to find when you work 60 hours a week with majority of my shifts at night. I come home from work just plain tired, worn out and full of stress from my nights working the ICU. Lately I have been feeling Tired and Ultra stressed out. Melissa has been on me for a while now to just get active. Well so the story begins. I made up my mind that they only way that I was going to work out on a regular basis was to have motivation. I am the type of person that needs to set goals, plan, and have something to keep me motivated. SO running races was the perfect way. Not only is my money on the line but I have something constantly to look forward to. What a great idea. So I had approximately two weeks to train for the Painters 1/2 marathon and 5k on Jan 23rd. I was only able to get one solid week of training in before the race. Of course, the week before the race, It Rained ALL WEEK long. Just my luck right... Well believe it or not, I went from Couch potato in 1 week to running a 5K. I am not good with writing in my Journal, so I have decided to keep up a blog on my progression. Let the fun begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment