Today was a rougher day in my training. I wanted to take on hills again to help build up my endurance. My training schedule shows me running 2 miles again today. SO I started at the top and had a nice gradual climb down. I was surprised to see how good i felt, the pace i was running and how quickly i had it to the one mile mark. Then came the turn around and I had to make the turn back up the hill. OH my... Why couldn't the first mile be as easy as the last one... Today I had to focus on mind over body. Man did i hurt. I wasn't able to run like I thought I would. I was slower and ended up doing more of a run/walk exercise for the last mile. I ran 3 minutes, walked briskly for three etc.... I have to keep reminding myself of mind over body, and constantly tell myself "I can do it". when i got done I felt a little let down, but then I remembered that there is no such thing as failure as long as you gave it your all. I still had a great run and know that I am making progress on a daily basis. Here's looking forward to tomorrow.
My Journey One Step at a Time.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Sometimes the climb is hard.
Today was a rougher day in my training. I wanted to take on hills again to help build up my endurance. My training schedule shows me running 2 miles again today. SO I started at the top and had a nice gradual climb down. I was surprised to see how good i felt, the pace i was running and how quickly i had it to the one mile mark. Then came the turn around and I had to make the turn back up the hill. OH my... Why couldn't the first mile be as easy as the last one... Today I had to focus on mind over body. Man did i hurt. I wasn't able to run like I thought I would. I was slower and ended up doing more of a run/walk exercise for the last mile. I ran 3 minutes, walked briskly for three etc.... I have to keep reminding myself of mind over body, and constantly tell myself "I can do it". when i got done I felt a little let down, but then I remembered that there is no such thing as failure as long as you gave it your all. I still had a great run and know that I am making progress on a daily basis. Here's looking forward to tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment