My Journey One Step at a Time.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Race Day Painters 5K

Here I am just Minutes before the race started. YUP it was COLD, FOGGY and Wet. Mikayla really wanted to run this one with me. Hopefully one of the next ones she will get the chance to do so...

All Lined up... On your March, Get Set, GOOOOOOOOOO....

ALmost to the Finish Line.... Run Forrest Run....... :)


YES I did finish the race. I was a little slower than I had trained but overall, a great race. My time for my first 5K with one week of training was 42.33. My goal was to finish the race, and I did. I had a complete blast running and hope to get better as I'm able to continue my Training. I never knew the runner's high you get by working out and running in the race. I was surprised to see how good I felt when I crossed the Line. It was such an amazing feeling. I just wanted to raise my hands in the air and YELL. It felt so good. I was greeted by family and friends. When I crossed I passed up the space blanket cause I was so hot. Ummmm Next time note to self. TAKE THE BLANKET...lol I froze after I cooled down. Oh and the post race goodies... YUMMY. I just love bananas, oranges, gatorade, fresh bread, and string cheese. Not a bad start to my training.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your first race! I love how Kyler is randomly looking up at who knows what in that last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete