My Journey One Step at a Time.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27th 2nd day of training for my 10K


Its amazing to see where we can find a little humor and motivation. We all need both!!!!! I am training to run the Spectrum 10K in March. I have 8 weeks to get ready for it.
Well Today was the second day in my training schedule this week. Yesterday, day one, i needed to run 1.5 miles. Coral Canyon is such an awesome area to run. The view out here is simple awesome. I love looking oft to Zions and seeing those majestic red mountains in the distance. I did really well running 1.5 miles in 18 min. I threw in working hills as well. I found that when i ran painters, there was more ups and downs than what I had thought and the hills killed me, so I ran 1.5 miles in and around my neighborhood, where we have tons of hills. IT WAS HARD. but i just had to push myself to get "r" done....
Today was day #2 or cross training day. I went down to our local HOA rec center and spent 30 min working out on the elliptical trainer. I was able to run for 2.5 miles. I am now starting to notice that I am able to get my wind underneath me and starting to feel the endurance build up. I am still loving every minute of this training. It FEELS so good to get out all of that stress in my life through these workouts. Man do i feel like I have more energy already. Love it. Well tomorrow is rest day. I fly Life Flight tomorrow so my next day to train is on Fri. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you are doing this!! I told Dave we should join you for a race.

    Great job so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome. I would see ya at the start and then the finish line...LOL :)

    ReplyDelete