My Journey One Step at a Time.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cross train day

On Monday I was able to run for 2.5 miles. I thought that I had a pretty sweet run but instead ended up with simple shin splints. OUCH>>>>> they hurt. I did do some hill running but I guess i need to stretch more and watch the way I run these hills. SO Tuesday was supposed to be my cross training day and or rest day. I lied around in bed until 415pm after working all night before i decided to get my butt out of the bed and at least go swim. I know that i was in no positioned to run, but i could cross train , which is vital in our training schedule. so I got ready and down to the pool i went. The best part, It was all mine...lol I loved that. I jumped into to the pool and I felt an amazing rush come over me like all of a sudden i was Micheal Phelps, the multi-Olympic gold medalist... LOL jk I started out at a fast pace with the front crawl and just kept it going. At the thirty min mark i had swam a little over 350 meters. Man what a cardio-workout it was... but the best part is that i also saved my legs for another day. I haven't been able to swim like that in a very long time ever since I was a life guard in high school. I was so proud of myself that not only did I get myself up and out of bed, but I found a way to still work out. Today I have a 2 mile run. My legs feel awesome and Yes i am craving another good run. I love this stuff. I cant believe how much of an addiction this is becoming. I keep looking at my timer on the left. Only nine more days until the dam to dam 5 miler. I am happy that my MOM is coming down to support me. Good times, and most of all, Enjoy life, we only have one chance at living it, make the most of it... I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment