My Journey One Step at a Time.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Whole New Me


What a great week it has been for me so far. I was worried about my shin splints getting worse, so I used RICE (Rest Ice Compressions and Elevation), most of the week long. I wanted to try out my new insoles and did so with a couple one mile sprints this week. It felt good to get back on my feet. Yesterday, I added a two mile nice and easy run, and I felt awesome. Today I wanted to step up to a challenge of running a 5K (3.2 Miles) at a harder pace. Not only was I able to run the 5k at a faster pace, I did it in 36:03. That is a personal best for me. Now if I can just carry this over to race day, That would be sweet.
Overall it has been an awesome week. I have taken the advice Lydia and will be buying some Zensah Compression sleeves for my calf. This should help keep my calfs and shins protected during my runs and help with recovery after them. I am so excited to see my progress. If I havent said it already, I lOVE my new SUPERFEET Insoles. NO SHIN SPLINTS ALL WEEK. It is just rockin awesome...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your shins are feeling better. Way to progress with your running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear mine all the time....uh, running time that is! They look pretty snazy come shorts time! (I've been known to get a few of those "Are you still stuck in the late 70s/early 80s" looks!)

    ReplyDelete