My Journey One Step at a Time.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dam to Dam 5 Miler

At the start of the race, I ran into several people I knew. But It was awesome to see mel and her husband Cory there. Mel works at the Hospital, and Cory is Mr. Marathon. She is so RoCkInG the Running world.... One day, I might be as good as them.....lol Standing around for what seem like forever went fast being surrounded by good company....Thanks mel and Gang

I had to stop along the way to snap a few sweet photos of Sand Hollow...


The rain just rolled in over Sand Hollow. The head wind was the worst...


My mom and kids after the race...Quite the Adventure for them... It sure was cold.. But they stuck it our for me... I am so glad that my mom drove all the way down from Spanish Fork to Cheer me on... Thanks it means the world to me....



My last 0.20 mile running partner. I sure needed it... WOW what a day. Why is it that on race day, it clouds all up, rains and is colder than Northern Utah....LOL..... Well it made for a great setting for another fun and exciting race. So i get to the reservoir at Sand Hollow, and boarded the shuttle to the start line. They Drive us clear around to the other side of the lake and drop us off. The Worst part was that I was closer to the finish line if I had turned around and gone the other way, but I really wanted to finish the race. The first 2.5 mile were REALLY difficult for me. My SHINS hurt running on all that Loose gravel. I really had to push myself to keep going. This slowed me down big time. I kept saying to myself, wait till the pavement, wait till the pavement. Yes the pavement finally came in at mile marker 3. Oh it was so nice........ I picked up my times, my Shins didn't hurt as bad, I had gotten out of the head wind, and best part I could see the finish. At 4.5 miles, I was really struggling to keep it going. I was behind my pace time, I was tired, I was sore, but I just kept on running. Over my music I hear Daddy... I looked up and here came Mikayla to meet me at 4.75 mile mark. When she caught up, she grabbed my hand and said, daddy you can do it,, your so CLOSE, I am so Proud of you...... I had to keep going, I pushed myself, and hand in hand we crossed the finish line at 70 minute. Yes I had a 14 min/mile pace, BUT I DID IT...... I passed so many trials on this run, had to push myself harder than I ever had to before, and had the best pick me up ever from my Daughter. I love you guys.... Thanks for all the support in my Journey.... I had a blast looking back on it, but man it has been a day....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Braydon! Way to stick it out! And what a wonderful daughter you have!

    ReplyDelete