What an awesome week it has been for me. I can tell that my training is Totally paying off. You may say this is weird, but I can feel my muscles getting stronger. My Endurance in running is getting longer, my strength in core exercises are becoming not so much a nightmare as they were on my first few days and weeks. The best part is the weight that I have lost. It is such an awesome feeling to hear people say....."Your looking good", "You have lost some weight".... I jumped on the scale today, like I do everyday, and marked myself at 18 total lbs down.... I just LOVE to run. I was asked yesterday by a good friend of mine...."Why are you so excited about running, Its like someone lit a fire under your butt, you jumped up and haven't looked back". Needless to say, they are right. Back in my earlier days, for those who knew me, I was a very competitive person. I was going to do one better. Always lived by the saying that 2ND place was the first loser. Well alot has changed. I am no longer worried about how I do, but more concerned with the effort I now give to it. I expect nothing but 100% from myself. For me, I have won if I have left everything I have on the Table and have no regrets following my actions. That is true success. I run today, because I find a joy that I haven't had in a long time. Its like I have a thirst I cant quench until I find myself running the pavement. Lately I have been craving a good run even after I complete a good 3 miler. I have been totally engulfed in this sport. I LOVE IT!!!!!I loved the Quote by Steve Young that I have posted here earlier in my blog. The only competition is ourselves. We need to make sure that everyday we are making progress.. As a new runner sometimes this progress seems slow and tedious, but everyday you run, everyday you work on core training, every rest and recovery day, progress can be made. I have found that It begins first with a desire then forms a habit. I no longer need to pump myself up for a run, I just get up and DO IT....
Yesterday I got home from work and noticed that the rain was back in town again.... Jeeze every weekend we have rain, whats that all about.... I bundled up and hit the road. About a 1/2 mile in, I really started to feel my Extensive Core Muscle training from Tues kick in. I haven't squatted, lunge, calf lift etc..... like that in ages... WOW I never felt sore until I started into the run. So I decided to make the workout into an interval run. Running for five minutes at a fast pace, then slowing to a brisk walk for 1-2 minutes and repeating for a total of 45 min. I was able to run 2.5 miles. I felt good. Today is an active rest and recovery day. I do look forward to SAT 4.5 mile long easy run. I Love the open road, Bring it on!!!!
PS... The Spectrum 10k is now only 2 weeks away... EXCITING :)
No comments:
Post a Comment