Just got word today that the ST George Fire 5k that was scheduled for March 13Th, has now been canceled. I'm so bummed. I was hoping to use it as a leap board to the Spectrum 10K. Well all focus now is on the Spectrum 10K on March 20 at Snow Canyon State Park.SO to prepare for the mostly down hill run of 6.2 miles, I added some changes in my running. I want to make sure that I get used to not only running a flat course but that I also am prepared to run elevations changes. You know that law: What goes up must come back down.... Yup gotta love da hills. Well it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually had an awesome run. I ran 3.5 miles, with better than normal pace around 11:45-12:00 min/mile. I was able to knock out 3.5 miles in 40 min with multiple elevation changes. Sweet. I FELT SO GOOD. I love that I am just able to not stress about running, but that my desire takes over wither or not I run. It is never in question. I just run because I love the open road, I love the solace, peace and the ability to think w/o disruptions. I love it for the way I feel, the endorphins, which gives ya the runners high. I just love to run. I may not be a pro, but that isn't my goal. I look back to where I was almost two months ago, coming from the couch, and now I can run 5 miles and going for 6.2... WOW I'm stoked. Thanks to all of you who have offered support, dealt with my enthusiasm, and given me advice. I am thankful to all of ya. Oh by the way, I have lost 15 lbs and counting.... Sweet.
PS... Cross training today went well. worked on core muscle training. Gotta love the burn.
No comments:
Post a Comment